This popular truck design served throughout WWII after mass production commenced in 1933. A total of about 7,000 trucks were produced up till 1942. This 6x4 vehicle was powered by an air-cooled 3.308-liter flat-four engine. The horizontal engine gave rise to the truck’s distinctive sharply sloped nose, and also to its nickname “Boxer”. The truck was used for all kinds of purposes, and was commonly employed for towing light artillery such as the 3.7cm Pak 35/36 antitank cannon.